Friday, April 1, 2011

all in a day's work


Yesterday, the last day of the 1st quarter of the year and the eve of the official start of summer, made its relevance in my life.  It was such an exhaustingly productive day for me.  I got home to find out that it was, too, for Adel.

I usually start my day in the office by downloading and organizing my mails on my laptop, which most I have already read on and responded to via my blackberry.  This, with a cup of freshly brewed coffee, feeds my OC-ness and starts the day right.


March 31st started quite differently.  The day went by so fast.  


Right out of my car, I was in a meeting for more than an hour followed by a tête-à-tête I was not allowed to say no to. Lunch had to be an opportunity for another short discussion while waiting for food.  Dessert was a confab of sorts for a quarter of an hour or so.

Walking to another part of the island, that is my workplace, was time enough for a brief inquiry about something from someone.  I was very late for a meeting that was set days back, so I had to apologize again (dyahe!) and be content with a recap of what was discussed.  This gave me enough time to breathe before commencing another discussion, which I had to lead.  This was followed by interviews of 3 managerial applicants.

I could not describe further how in-depth and brain-wrecking the activities for the day was, my job requires confidentiality.  But believe me when I say that nothing can be more grueling to the mind and heart than the topic of human resources.  A Representative once told me, with conviction, “HR? Mahirap ang trabaho mo!”  Mahirap din naman sa House of Representatives, pero naisip mo parin na mahirap ang HR?  Another one of those validations.

I found solace coming home to her.
in her year-old Elmo shirt which we (yaya, myself and mia) refuse to let go of

Adel made sure we binged on food that we like, which means not necessarily healthy.  After 3 phone calls, 2 hours and the last drop of patience I had, Yellow Cab delivery arrived with a 20% discount.
14-inch Manhattan Meatlovers - Adel's pizza choice mostly anywhere
10-inch #4 Cheese
- I am getting convinced that S&R's and Brooklyn Pizza's cheese pizza are better
Charlie Chan pasta
- was good enough for Adel until he was able to try my version
Hot Wings - I had the sauce separated;
crispy in the outside, tender in the inside but a tad bit bland eaten by itself

At the end of the day, I had 15 unread mails and 3 inches of paper waiting for my attention.  So, I obliged myself for homework.  I am thankful I have a very cheerful seat mate.
Mia grabbed my pen and started to scribble on the nearest paper she can reach.
She loves pens, coloring materials and paper; taking after me.
Indeed, all in a day’s work!

No comments:

Post a Comment