Tuesday, May 3, 2011

a refreshing treat

Because we could no longer wait, lunch was set at Vikings last Thursday with my college friends, Ejit and Jobert.  Most could not join us (Adel included) since it was a working day, not to mention, midday.

Table 361; we were seated not too near, but not too far from the buffet stations. At first we were disappointed we didn’t get a couch, but we realized it could’ve been such a hassle for a group of 3; one of us would’ve been disturbed when the other decides to go for another round at the buffet.

The spaces between tables and chairs were really wide, quite a surprise for me.  Gives you a “stress-free” trip to the buffet stations which were all around the restaurant, separated according to category.  The ceiling was high enough for you not to feel suffocated, AND for you not to smell like food.

Just like what we do at any other buffet, we checked out the entire spread.  We went from end to end, taking mental notes of which to have and in what order ☺.  


I first saw these.  As if they know I love them, some kind of force pulled me to their direction right away.
maki heaven in a boat



I just had to have this too.
octopus sashimi

I also could not resist getting some of these.


And, okay, I have to admit, I cannot say “no” to lechon baboy, never.
roasted pork and chicken at the carving station

We also made sure that the dessert spread will provide that exclamation point we want to finish with.






I enjoyed 7 plates!  All fresh and distinctly flavorful! I have no complaints at all!
plate 1: appetizers


plate 2: maki and tako


plate 3: beef, chicken, spring rolls, caviar


plate 4: tempura


plate 5: roasted pig


plate 6: baked oysters

plate 7: desserts galore


And lo and behold, all-I-can-eat yogurt…
plain tart

…with grind-then-brew-with-just-a-press-of-a-button coffee!


freshly brewed coffee



I also thought these looked cute.
miso soup served in tea pots

This thin crust pizza looked crunchy, but I did not get the chance to try it.
thin crust pizza

We were still able to take advantage of their lunch promo, so we were stuffed for only Php550 nett per person.  What a really great deal!  Their regular per person price is at Php888++.  But mind you, while this is a cheaper buffet option, Spiral at the Sofitel is still Spiral ☺.


There were a lot of other stations I did not go to.  I needed to choose what would surely please my stressed mind, grumbling tummy and finicky buds.  I’ll come back for the other stations some other time, because right outside, our buddy’s convertible was taking too much heat.  We just had to go (*wink*wink).
Jobert's new toy



We met up with Tonie at UCC in Forbes Town Square for some coffee (ako pa! basta kape).  She missed lunch, but we could not take missing this chance to meet up with her (naks naman, Tonie).

Good food, stimulating conversations and long-time friends never fail.  Even if 60% of the topics were all engineering-related, I would say I appreciated it.  Ang huhusay pala ng mga kaibigan kong inhinyero – yes, I was on HR mode, assessing competencies all the while!  Hehe!  Sorry, can’t help it!

But, there was still that college kakulitan touch Jobert never lost.
some things never change


And I think Tonie caught the virus.

The day was indeed a very refreshing treat.  
Poker night at our house to be announced.  See you Engineers!
with Ejit and Jobert
with Ejit, Jobert and Tonie


Ooops, wait!  I think this is space-worthy.  Makes a restaurant really family-friendly.
i found this inside the ladies' room - Mom and kiddo seats

i've seen lower installations of sinks (like the one on the left),
but the kiddie sink (right end) had me


Vikings is at Bldg. B, By the bay, Seaside Boulevard, SM Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City

No comments:

Post a Comment